Tuesday 20 October 2009

Alone and Foresaken

We met in the springtime
when the blossoms unfold,
the pastures were green
and the meadows were gold.
Our love was in flower
as summer grew on.
Her love like the leaves
now have withered and gone.
The roses have faded
there's frost at my door.
The birds in the morning
don't sing anymore.
The grass in the valley
is starting to die,
and out in the darkness
the whippoorwills cry.

[Chorus:]
Alone and forsaken
by fate and by man.
Oh Lord if you hear me
please hold my hand,
oh please understand.

Oh where has she gone to,
oh where can she be.
She may have forsaken
some other like me.
She promised to honor,
to love and obey.
Each vow was a plaything
that she threw away.

[Chorus]

The darkness has fallen,
the sky has turned gray,
the hound in the distance
is starting to bay.
I wonder, I wonder
what she's thinking of.
Forsaken, forgotten,
without any love

No comments:

Post a Comment